Regular Type of License
- The Regular License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to make use of the digital work (Item) you have selected.
- You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product can be distributed for Free.
- An End Product is one of the following things, both requiring an application of skill and effort.
(a)For an Item that is a template, the End Product is a customized implementation of the Item.
(b) For other types of Item, an End Product is a work that incorporates the Item as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item.
- You can create one End Product for a client, and you can transfer that single End Product to your client for any fee. This license is then transferred to your client.
- You can make any number of copies of the single End Product, as long as the End Product is distributed for Free.
- You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license. You can do these things as long as the End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under clause 3.
- You can’t Sell the End Product, except to one client. (If you or your client want to Sell the End Product, you will need the Extended License.)
- You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Item. You can’t re-distribute or make available the Item as-is or with superficial modifications. These things are not allowed even if the re-distribution is for Free.
- You can’t use the Item in any application allowing an end user to customize a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application. You can use the Item in this way only if you purchase a separate license for each final product incorporating the Item that is created using the application.
- Although you can modify the Item and therefore delete unwanted components before creating your single End Product, you can’t extract and use a single component of an Item on a stand-alone basis.
- You must not permit an end user of the End Product to extract the Item and use it separately from the End Product.
- You can’t use an Item in a logo, trademark, or service mark.
- For some Items, a component of the Item will be sourced by the author from elsewhere and different license terms may apply to the component, such as someone else’s license or an open source or creative commons license. If so, the component will be identified by the author in the Item’s description page or in the Item’s downloaded files. The other license will apply to that component instead of this license. This license will apply to the rest of the Item.
- For some items, a GNU General Public License (GPL) or another open source license applies. The open source license applies in the following ways:
(a) Some Items, even if entirely created by the author, may be partially subject to the open source license: a ‘split license’ applies. This means that the open source license applies to an extent that’s determined by the open source license terms and the nature of the Item, and this license applies to the rest of the Item.
Split and other open source licensing is relevant for themes and plug-ins for WordPress and other open source platforms. Where split licensing applies, this is noted in the Item’s download files.
(b) For some Items, the author may have chosen to apply a GPL license to the entire Item. This means that the relevant GPL license will apply to the entire Item instead of this license.
Where an Item is entirely under a GPL license, it will be identified as a GPL item and the license noted in the download files.
- You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. Also, if an Item contains an image of a person, even if the Item is model-released you can’t use it in a way that creates a fake identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
- Items that contain digital versions of real products, trademarks or other intellectual property owned by others have not been property released. These Items are licensed on the basis of editorial use only. It is your responsibility to consider whether your use of these Items requires a clearance and if so, to obtain that clearance from the intellectual property rights owner.
- This license applies in conjunction with the keboto.org for your use of keboto Market. If there is an inconsistency between this license and the keboto Market Terms, this license will apply to the extent necessary to resolve the inconsistency.
- This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.
- The author of the Item retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms. This license is between the author of the Item and you.